The 22 International Poster Biennale (22 IPB) presents posters created worldwide between 2009 and 2010. The Warsaw Biennale aims at reviewing and comparing the most significant achievements of that time. The event is organised by the Poster Museum at Wilanów – Department of the National Museum in Warsaw and Polish Poster Foundation.
Chairman of the Organising Committee: Lech Majewski
Director of the Poster Museum at Wilanów: Maria Kurpik
Curator of the International Poster Biennale: Agata Szydłowska
Secretary of the International Poster Biennale: Monika Rogowska-Stangret
Deadline for entries
Friday 15 January 2010
- Ideological posters: works concerning universal themes, condition of man, civilization problems, social and political actions;
- Culture posters: promoting culture, art, education and sport;
- Advertising posters: promoting services, commodities and business;
- The Henryk Tomaszewski Golden Debut: works submitted by students or graduates of art academies up to two years from graduation. Graduation projects and academic assignments printed digitally can be submitted with permission from the college;
- Special category: "Chopin Anew": competition for a poster which presents a new graphic approach to the work and person of Frederic Chopin. In this category original posters, digital prints or posters published during last two years will be accepted. The organisers will only accept the posters which do not exceed the following dimensions: the longer edge must not exceed 180 cm, the shorter edge must not be shorter than 40 cm. Please enclose a CD or DVD with a file which may serve to print the poster in the full dimensions.
PrizesThe International Jury will award prizes for each category and it will announce the verdict on the opening day, 5 June 2010.
- Gold Medal: 10 000 zlotys
- Silver Medal: 6 000 zlotys
- Bronze Medal: 4 000 zlotys
- Golden Debut: 5 000 zlotys
- Special category: 5 000 zlotys
- Icograda Excellence Award
- Józef Mroszczak Honorary Award granted by the Dean of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw
Poster Museum at Wilanów, Warsaw, Poland
Where & When
05 June - 30 September 2010
More information at: